Wow! When I saw my very first blogging award pop up in my notifications, I was partially ecstatic and partially wondering if someone had made a mistake. 🙂 Nevertheless, I could really use a little “Sunshine” on a cold and snowy day here in the Midwest!
Sarah over at Life in the Orchard has nominated me for my very first award. Again, I’m still super honored someone thinks my blog is award-worthy!
Of course there are some “rules”
- Include the Sunshine award icon in your post and/or on your blog
- Link to the blogger that nominated you
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10 bloggers to receive the award (I only know a handful of bloggers but will try to nominate as many as possible)
- Link to your nominees and inform them of the award
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
A fun thing about this award is you have to answer 10 questions from the person who nominated you. Here are my questions and answers!
- Why did you start your blog? I started my blog as a way to capture all of the thoughts and feelings I’m experiencing in my current role as full-time stay-at-home-mom. I am hoping to be able to reach out to other moms along the way and let them know that they are not alone! Also hoping to learn a thing or two from my readers alone the way.
- What is your favorite thing about blogging? My favorite thing so far (my blog is still in its infancy) has been connecting with other bloggers and getting feedback on my posts. I love checking my stats to see who is reading what and if anyone has “liked” anything I have to say.
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging? My least favorite thing about blogging is trying to articulate my thoughts in words that sometimes aren’t easy to come by. My “draft” box is chock full of things I hope to finish writing someday!
- Do your friends and family know about your blog? Yes, they do!
- What is your routine for the first 30 minutes of your morning? Since I’m usually awake before my kids (not by choice… hello, pregnancy insomnia!) I try to get all of my Facebook, e-mail and blog checks out of the way before starting the day. Then I try to squeeze in a shower, depending on if the baby is awake or not. 🙂
- What is your favorite part of the day? My favorite part of the day is when my husband comes home from work (he works two jobs right now) and our family can finally connect, even if it is just for an hour. I love seeing the kids get super excited when he walks in the door, and I love seeing his energetic responses (even though I’m sure he is dog-tired). It also helps having an extra set of hands and eyes when caring for the littles. 😉
- Who in your life inspires you? There are so many inspirational people in my life, it is hard to choose one. I have a very close friend who has an awful, incurable disease (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) that causes extreme pain (that is seldom manageable with even the strongest pain meds) and yet she manages to push through each day to take care of her two young girls. She went through more in her childhood than I have gone through in my 27 years of life. I just admire her and think she is absolutely amazing! A true SuperMom!
- What is your favorite creative outlet? Hands-down, crocheting is my favorite creative outlet. I used to run a small crochet business on Etsy, but now I just do orders for friends and family. I still love it and wish there was more time (and energy) in the day! Maybe I’ll start posting some projects on here. 🙂
- How do you stay positive in less than positive situations? Oh boy, I am not great at this but I’m getting better at it. I always remind myself that things could always be worse. Counting my blessings instead of focusing on the negative also helps.
- If you had one piece of advice for your 18-year-old self what would it be? Enjoy your time before the kids come along, because it really does go by too fast. And STAY AWAY FROM DEBT! 🙂
Now it is my turn to nominate some blogs that have inspired me or that I find to be positive and creative. I won’t take offense if you choose to not participate, but I hope you do it is a lot of fun and you get to meet some other great bloggers!
- The Road to the New Me
- True Stories of a Midwest Yankee
- Lydia Devadason
- Capture the Sparkle
- Raising 5 Kids With Disabilities and Remaining Sane
- FACES for Alberta
Here are 10 questions for my nominees to answer…
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite thing about blogging?
- What is your least favorite thing about blogging?
- What are your future goals for you blog?
- What is your routine for the first 30 minutes of your morning?
- What is your favorite part of the day?
- Who in your life inspires you?
- What is your favorite creative outlet?
- How do you stay positive in less than positive situations?
- What is your favorite go-to recipe?
Thank you so much for the nomination, Sarah! 🙂