Thank you so much to Lydia at Lydia Devadason: An Idiot’s Guide to Parenting for this award nomination! Lydia’s blog is absolutely hilarious and offers an honest look into the life of parents everywhere. 🙂
This award is great because it means people are actually reading (and appreciating) what we [award recipients] are writing! Talk about motivation. 🙂
In acceptance of this award, I am required to answer the following eleven questions:
1. What inspired you to start a blog? I’ve always loved writing and have dreamed of writing books since I was a little girl. Since that dream probably won’t come to fruition, I figured writing in a blog for the “masses” to see would be a nice place to at least start. I have had several other blogs through the years, none of which actually stuck. So I’m hoping this one sticks!
2. Do any of your close ‘real’ friends blog? I have a few close online friends that blog, but no one that I know of in person.
3. Have you had any strange, embarrassing or frightening blogging experiences? Nothing noteworthy yet. Although I’ve had many moments where I panic because I think I had accidently published a draft instead of saving it for later.
4. If eating at a restaurant, what would be your favourite meal – with or without dessert? My favorite meal is anything with chicken! I absolutely love fried chicken, but, in an attempt to be a bit more healthy, will also eat grilled chicken. And dessert?? Do you even have to ask?? 🙂 Chocolate and/or ice cream, please!
5. If money was no option, what would be your perfect holiday destination? Somewhere warm and sunny, with sandy beaches and lazy days.
6. If money was no option, what would be your perfect evening’s entertainment? Simply going to supper and a movie with my husband.
7. What’s your favourite word? I don’t know if I have a favorite word. I oftentimes feel like a broken record, repeating the same things to my kids, over and over again. 😉
8. What quality do you think friends appreciate most in you? My willingness to listen. While I don’t have large amounts of time to sit down and chat or message (one of my biggest flaws is forgetting to respond to text and Facebook messages… oops!!!) I always have a ready and willing ear to listen. Sometimes that is all a person needs, to get their thoughts and feelings out for someone to hear, no judgment.
9. What personality characteristic do you find the most off-putting or irritating in others? Hmmm… Probably people who think they are right, but are clearly wrong and cannot be convinced otherwise. I generally overlook people’s personality flaws, though, and find ways to love them, regardless of those flaws.
10. How would you like to be remembered by those you care about? That I loved with my whole heart and, while I am absolutely imperfect in almost every way imaginable, I tried my hardest. I have apologized when I made mistakes and hope that people can see I genuinely mean it! 🙂
11. What is your favourite holiday destination? I have honestly never been on vacation anywhere. Hopefully we can change that in the next few years!
My 11 nominations for the Liebster award are:
- Your Mom Has A Blog
- Another Day In Mommadise
- We Can All Be Bright
- Mrs. Gore’s Diary
- Life. Bump. Craft.
- Out Of My Bondage
- Mom in the Muddle
- Adventures of a Labor Nurse
- The Road to the New Me
- Large Family Mothering
The 11 questions for my nominees are:
- How long have you been writing/blogging?
- What are your long-term dreams blog-wise?
- What is your favorite way to spend free time?
- What is your favorite book?
- If you could do anything at all, without regards to money or time, what would it be?
- Who is/was the biggest role model in your life?
- If you could spend one day with anyone, both past and present, who would it be and why?
- When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- What is your favorite way to reduce stress?
- What is one tip you have for new bloggers?
- What is one thing you hope to leave as a legacy for future generations?
Thanks again, Lydia!!! 🙂